Gavin W. Burris on 28 Nov 2016 05:49:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] IPTABLES CentOS 6.8

Hi, Ed.

In CentOS 6, maybe the chains need to be define at the top:
# Default Chains
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]

If in CentOS 7, use firewalld:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD#Working_with_firewalld

Cheers.

On Sun 11/27/16 09:01PM EST, Ed Ackerman wrote:
> Ok, so I did what turned out to be an ill conceved idea. I
> downloaded and created a bootable USB with CentOS 7 (the x86 NOT x64
> spin). Booted it and it ran fine. Trouble started when I rebooted
> into my normal 6.8. My home LVM volume was missing. Fixed that
> mostly a few problems  Hercules TK4- won't IPL, Some movies have to
> be re ripped. Minor issues.
>
> I now have all volumes up and free from errors. IPTABLES, using the
> same rules is giving me an error on the COMMIT. Adding the following
> causes the error
>
> -A INPUT -m state -i eth0 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>
> Error:
>
> iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 42 failed
>
> Line 42 is the COMMIT.
>
> I i try the following by itself
>
> iptables -A INPUT -m state -i eth0 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>
> I get:   iptables: No chain/target/match by that nam
>
> The basic idea for the firewall is to deny everything except what is
> permited, There are no OUTPUT rules it's default is to ACCEPT. The
> machine is a fixed private IP setup on the router as DMZ. everything
> is passed to it.
>
> Ideas? anyone?
>
> ---
> #include <std.disclaimer>;	| select * from users
> Ed Ackerman			|    where users.clue = 1;
> edack@kengel.com		| 0 rows returned

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Project Leader for Research Computing
The Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
Search our documentation: http://research-it.wharton.upenn.edu/about/
Subscribe to the Newsletter: http://whr.tn/ResearchNewsletterSubscribe