Soren Harward on 13 Jan 2017 11:30:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Gnome Applications Look Flat in KDE

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
I'm setting up gnucash to run under KDE.   The widget toolkit looks butt-ugly,
while KDE apps look very nice.  is there a way to enhance the flat looking
screen appearance of gnome apps in KDE?

"System Settings" > "Application Style" > "GNOME Application Style (GTK)" > "GTK Themes".  I can change the appearance of GTK2 and GTK3 applications here.

GnuCash still uses GTK2, and you may not have any GTK2 themes installed.  Breeze, the KDE theme, has also been ported to GTK2/GTK3 (https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/workspace/breeze-gtk), though it may require installation of a separate package; on my Gentoo system, it's called kde-plasma/breeze-gtk, and pulled in by kde-plasma/plasma-meta.  You could also install more GTK2-only themes; on Gentoo, the GTK2-default package is called x11-themes/gtk-engines, but there are about a dozen more.
--

Soren Harward
stharward@gmail.com