Fred Stluka on 3 Mar 2017 10:05:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] "Nearby"

On 3/3/17 10:34 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
Honestly, though, such a probe would probably arrive to find the
planet inhabited by humans who are celebrating "The First Probe Has
Arrived Day."  These humans might have left Earth 1000 years later
using technologies we can only speculate about, and they would have
decided to not touch the enroute probe just to see if it actually
makes it.  :)

Yeah, I think getting "lapped" by the technology of our own future
generations is a real possibility.  Bummer for the crew that chose
to travel in suspended animation to be the first to arrive, and when
they wake up, they've already missed the party!

--Fred