Michael Lazin on 6 Apr 2017 18:56:30 -0700

[PLUG] slightly OT, learning cisco, serial cable

I am the proud new owner of a cisco switch and router that were up for grabs on this list.  I got them so I can learn the os because I am always interested in learning new things.  I also thought I'd let my girlfriend play around with it because she has some interest in networking.  I googled how to connect to it and apparently you need a cable to connect the ethernet port to the serial port on your PC.  If it's not to presumptuous is there anyone in the university city area that might have such a cable for cheap or for free?

Also, does anyone have suggestions on resources on learning more about this gear?  I found some documentation on using minicom on ubuntu to connect so that will be my starting point.  Thanks,

Michael Lazin

--
Michael Lazin

to gar auto estin noein te kai ennai