Chad Waters on 6 Apr 2017 19:23:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] slightly OT, learning cisco, serial cable

Its not presumptuous: they come with every cisco device, we throw them out at work. I'm not near university city though.  I'm sure someone near you works at a cisco shop.

They are cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/72-3383-01-Rollover-Console-Cable-Female/dp/B005S2KPPU

Or easy to make:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/installation/guide/1240hig5/124h_e.pdf