Gavin W. Burris on 19 Apr 2017 05:59:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Alternative to Gentoo?

Hi, Greg.

Check out the Fedora spins.  https://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/
Bonus points because Fedora is the proving ground, will be the next version, of RHEL/CentOS.  The Cinnamon spin, ala Mint, is pretty great, too.

Cheers.

On Wed 04/19/17 07:45AM EDT, Greg Helledy wrote:
> When I started reading your post, I thought, "That sounds like me
> once upon a time."  I had been using Debian stable with KDE for
> years, and while I really liked Debian, support for KDE just never
> seemed to be a priority.  Sure, KDE worked, but there would be minor
> glitches that would go unfixed for long periods.  Updates would
> introduce new ones. For someone who wanted to use KDE as their
> desktop, it was just frustrating enough that I started looking
> around for another way.
>
> I found Mint, and my home desktop is still on that, some six years
> later.  The difference in my case is that I was not looking for
> problems to solve, I was looking for a distro where everything had
> already been solved.
>
> --
> Greg Helledy
> GRA, Incorporated
> P:  +1 215-884-7500
> F:  +1 215-884-1385
> www.gra.aero

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Project Leader for Research Computing
The Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
Search our documentation: http://research-it.wharton.upenn.edu/about/
Subscribe to the Newsletter: http://whr.tn/ResearchNewsletterSubscribe