Greg Helledy on 19 Apr 2017 04:45:13 -0700

[PLUG] Alternative to Gentoo?

When I started reading your post, I thought, "That sounds like me once upon a time." I had been using Debian stable with KDE for years, and while I really liked Debian, support for KDE just never seemed to be a priority. Sure, KDE worked, but there would be minor glitches that would go unfixed for long periods. Updates would introduce new ones. For someone who wanted to use KDE as their desktop, it was just frustrating enough that I started looking around for another way.

I found Mint, and my home desktop is still on that, some six years later. The difference in my case is that I was not looking for problems to solve, I was looking for a distro where everything had already been solved.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated