Casey Bralla on 8 May 2017 05:32:20 -0700

[PLUG] Systemd Startup Sequence Question

I've decided I am not a fan of systemd.   I was very familiar with Debian's
sysvinit and Gentoo's OpenRC systems, and could easily add/delete services
with high reliability.   One thing I loved in both systems was the easy way of
adding misc programs to be run at the end of the boot sequence (/etc/rc.local
for Debian and /etc/local.d in Gentoo).

I have always used these to mount my NFS share drives at the end of boot-up.

Now that I'm running Arch with systemd, things are not so simple.   AFAIK,
Arch has no simple built-in system to run a misc program at boot time.
However, I loaded an rc.local program from the Arch User Repository (AUR),
which is supposed to be functionally equivalent to the Debian system I'm
familar with.

Except, mounting NFS shares does not work.  I get a "network name not
recognized" error at start-up.   Once I log in, however, I can manually run
the rc.local batch file and the shares mount without any trouble.

I presume rc-local is running before the entire entworking system is
operational.   Is there a way I can delay the rc.local batch file until truly
all other systemd processes have started?

Anybody got any ideas?

TIA!
--

Casey Bralla