Greg Helledy on 12 May 2017 16:54:02 -0700

[PLUG] What's the best way to share a partition between windows and linux in 2017?

In the past, I've always used vfat as the filesystem for partitions to be shared between the two OSes. I am now going to be bringing a hard drive enclosure between machines, and the limitations on partition and file size make that unworkable.

So, which is better, using NTFS under linux or installing a driver to let me use a native linux FS under windows? The linux machine is using kernel 3.13 and the windows machine is 7. There are lots of discussions of NTFS under linux on the internet but most of them are old...does that mean it's a solved problem? Which way would you go?
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated