Walt Mankowski on 12 May 2017 17:42:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] What's the best way to share a partition between windows and linux in 2017?

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 08:04:14PM -0400, Greg Helledy wrote:
> I guess I forgot to ask about exFAT--is that a more practical alternative
> for a partition that needs to have reliable read/write access under linux
> and windows?

I had been using a vfat flashdrive to transfer files between Mac and
Windows until I discovered that vfat has a 2 GB file size limit. I
reformatted it as exFAT. It seemed to work fine, though I didn't do
very extensive testing. I've also tried it on Linux and again, it
seemed to work OK there too.

Walt