Soren Harward on 12 Jun 2017 11:16:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PI being targeted for malware

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Thomas Delrue <delrue.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
On 06/12/2017 11:48 AM, Anthony Martin wrote:
Why do we still have to tell people not to use
the default password or that they should use a strong pass-phrase (if
you HAVE to use pass-phrases that is, instead of key-based or some other
stronger authentication)?

At what point can we just revoke someone's privilege of touching
computing devices ever again until they complete some sort of education
with a verified skills assessment?

Because you can just as legitimately ask "Why do we still ship software that poses a huge security risk in the default configuration when we know full well that users cannot or will not follow basic setup instructions? At what point do we revoke the privileges of software engineers until they complete some kind of education with verified skills assessment in creating software that's secure by default?"
--

Soren Harward
stharward@gmail.com