Thomas Delrue on 12 Jun 2017 09:42:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PI being targeted for malware

On 06/12/2017 11:48 AM, Anthony Martin wrote:
> and change your passwords if they are still set to the default.

Obviously, some people don't do this since they got infected, but...
seriously? WTF... Really? Why do we still have to tell people not to use
the default password or that they should use a strong pass-phrase (if
you HAVE to use pass-phrases that is, instead of key-based or some other
stronger authentication)?

At what point can we just revoke someone's privilege of touching
computing devices ever again until they complete some sort of education
with a verified skills assessment?
Maybe that's the solution: go back to wearing white lab-coats when we
interact with computing devices so people get appropriately scared off
by perceived complexity and stop trying to do Dumb Shit(tm) themselves.

In the (adapted) words of Graham Greene: Innocence (or ignorance) is
like a dumb leper who has lost his bell, wandering the world, meaning no
harm.