Thomas Delrue on 12 Jun 2017 09:42:54 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] PI being targeted for malware
- From: Thomas Delrue <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>, Anthony Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] PI being targeted for malware
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:42:40 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:mime-version:in-reply-to; bh=LethLgT/OqdLzBxC6zRXCwppsPsd0jObHzv5mGYRcQs=; b=H1GaXS/dBoP4WXrokMDuGUJlgWeVC3h5IxqRwd2DuKPibJURKBArOkuAx9rRApU3iK keq8yJiqMTH5oE45DXSiK1klIAmDzVKG3kHey5fp9ZeIqGDJ8rHBVYWVOpU5YMwsJAEW /5M4fD3Ua0pJ0Me7O+ncnhTe1j2Dw7lsB7G2fCgz6rO/RgCW5W1UY3WRMoK085nrCIsn MDSAwHkGkyXyT6DYrkgD3OWfCYJJlOj6+MgsNWeDwOKcjZRjrnpnWR/PN8Wz1AkKFcPb 9VZxYGJhBct4LD/GkQD+QRoT3YadUUG6zQXHJkMAB+jFUEU/BwOYU/mubed3vsj7896G KSRA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/12/2017 11:48 AM, Anthony Martin wrote:
> and change your passwords if they are still set to the default.
Obviously, some people don't do this since they got infected, but...
seriously? WTF... Really? Why do we still have to tell people not to use
the default password or that they should use a strong pass-phrase (if
you HAVE to use pass-phrases that is, instead of key-based or some other
At what point can we just revoke someone's privilege of touching
computing devices ever again until they complete some sort of education
with a verified skills assessment?
Maybe that's the solution: go back to wearing white lab-coats when we
interact with computing devices so people get appropriately scared off
by perceived complexity and stop trying to do Dumb Shit(tm) themselves.
In the (adapted) words of Graham Greene: Innocence (or ignorance) is
like a dumb leper who has lost his bell, wandering the world, meaning no
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug