Steve Litt on 13 Jun 2017 22:22:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Older versions of Skype being retired--bad news for linux users

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:14:39 -0400 (EDT)
prushik <prushik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me. Good riddance, get all of that closed source MS
> nonsense out of Linux.

For a long time it wasn't MS software, and during that time it worked
just fine. Microsoft bought and sabotaged it, just like it can do to
any other proprietary software you ever use.

> Now nobody can argue with me when I refuse to
> use Skype.

But they will. Or rather, they'll just not communicate with you.

By the way, last time I looked you could use Skype without Pulseaudio
using apulse.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2017 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key