Lee H. Marzke on 3 Jul 2017 08:53:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Configuring routing tables to use Wifi over LAN for Internet access

I've heard that network manager will leave interfaces alone if
you configure the interface in /etc/network/interfaces manually.

e.g.

# network interface not managed by Network Manager
allow-hotplug eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 10.0.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.0.0.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8

You may also have to stop the netework manager process,  which is likely what
is over writing your config.

Lee