K.S. Bhaskar on 3 Jul 2017 11:40:15 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Firewall choices for a small software development business
- From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Firewall choices for a small software development business
- Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 14:40:05 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=IwuQh2x0M2SwM+4pjB07dhLs8VP1X1Lm2W2zmilcZHo=; b=ellRt0zCTeHAW2UOQzCO2lNklvxAJBAn1ML8K/lf7fjAlYlxh7pbxWbyECyjhxFroS Ujcgw8joLqXvm5fLMDG2N3PnDF4wJ4h3iMDSJnr7pILPY54FyZ0pdYIxwiDTh3U8Fs1o pT8ovsoaTcUjmIFBEIHCNZh9EIBtXn7hDQw7JRmvMJ5/lG1VwE3Cv3eyh37ZlrWt7p98 tJleCvKaPDsSzaPPC2ARrA8o4pqPj/qlp2YRLu2s6BneRgL5RT7fjHi5ORX7qjFItpk1 RSL4ynd/2Y8Za8/+OHT04y8JIxW8Cuc7mgKue+6AH6deqv7gWKhjyw0T7zmtY2/oE9c5 Rp2g==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A couple of weeks hence, our new software startup YottaDB LLC (yottadb.com
) will move into new space in Malvern, and I need to set up Internet access. Both Comcast and Verizon are available on the building, and I haven't chosen one.
This e-mail is to solicit opinions about a firewall. I don't know what sort of firewall they provide by default with business Internet service (perhaps none?) but I suspect I will need to set up our own firewall as well. We are starting out with three developers, and will scale up over a year to perhaps a half dozen and at most a dozen. I don't anticipate hosting our web site locally, but I will need inbound access, for which I am currently thinking of ssh with port knocking, rather than VPN.
It seems to me there are three choices:
Comments, suggestions, and recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug