Elizabeth K. Joseph on 22 Aug 2017 07:01:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] REMINDER: Mon, Aug 21, 2017: PLUG West - "Introduction to DC/OS" by Elizabeth K. Joseph

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Paul L. Snyder
<paul@pataprogramming.com> wrote:
> The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group (PLUG) cordially invites you
> to a PLUG West meeting on Monday, August 21at ATS in Malvern, PA
> from 7-9 pm.
>
> This month, Elizabeth Joseph returns to give an introduction to DC/OS.

Thanks to everyone who came out last night!

The slides can be found at:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZPziBDHIOwqBwVirw7AAa0tA5ulJuppvVPhIwrLGGsY/edit?usp=sharing
(Google Slides) or
http://princessleia.com/presentations/2017/Introduction_to_DCOS_PLUG_West_Aug_2017.pdf
(PDF)

There was a question about service discovery beyond DNS and I briefly
mentioned "named VIPs" but didn't have time to get into details, if
anyone is interested the Networking page in our documentation explains
how we use internal DNS forwarders to improve issues around
applications doing DNS caching and also digs into how we use load
balancing with named VIPs https://dcos.io/docs/1.9/networking/ and
there's also a section in our 101 tutorial about this for a more
hands-on example:
https://dcos.io/docs/1.9/tutorials/dcos-101/service-discovery/

Slides from the talk I gave specifically about service discovery can
be found here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ApnVDGgwRjWzgPB_4c7tkQszyT6FHx33hK7BLSHUOiw/edit?usp=sharing

Hope to see many of you at Fosscon on Saturday :)