Paul L. Snyder on 20 Aug 2017 20:01:52 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] REMINDER: Mon, Aug 21, 2017: PLUG West - "Introduction to DC/OS" by Elizabeth K. Joseph

The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group (PLUG) cordially invites you
to a PLUG West meeting on Monday, August 21at ATS in Malvern, PA
from 7-9 pm.

This month, Elizabeth Joseph returns to give an introduction to DC/OS.

  Tooling around container orchestration has gained a lot of
  attention recently with various open source tools promising to
  deliver the framework to manage a highly available container
  infrastructure.  This talk will explore DC/OS (the datacenter
  operating system) an open-source, distributed operating system
  based on the Apache Mesos distributed systems kernel. DC/OS
  manages multiple machines in the cloud or on-premises from a
  single interface; deploys containers, distributed services, and
  legacy applications into those machines; and provides
  networking, service discovery and resource management to keep
  the services running and communicating with each other.

  A demo using real streaming will also be given to show how DC/OS
  can easily use various popular open source big data tools to
  process data coming in and present it to the user.

  Bio: Elizabeth K. Joseph spent much of the past decade working
  as a Linux systems administrator, and today works as a
  Developer Advocate at Mesosphere. She is the author of Common
  OpenStack Deployments and The Official Ubuntu Book.

In addition to our regular meeting, we'll also be holding a GnuPG
keysigning. If you don't already have a GnuPG key, show up and
learn more about how the web of trust works. We'll be having more
keysignings in the future!

  https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning

Interested in Linux, BSD, and Free Software? Whether you're already an
enthusiast or want to learn more, come and join us! PLUG meetings are
free and open to everyone, and anyone who is curious is invited to
attend.

The meeting will be at the ATS office in Malvern, PA:

  ATS Group & IBM Innovation Center
  1200 Atwater Drive, Suite 170
  Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355

For driving directions, please visit

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/ats.html

For more information about PLUG, please visit our website at

  http://www.phillylinux.org