Paul L. Snyder on 11 Sep 2017 19:03:02 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] (no subject)

Subject Tue, Sep 12, 2017: PLUG North - "FOSSCON Analytics on Watson AI as
a Service" by Andy Wojnarek (6:30 pm at CoreDial in Blue Bell)
PLUG North will be meeting on Tuesday, September 12 at CoreDial's offices
in Blue Bell, beginning at 6:30 pm. Directions to the meeting location can
be found at the end of this email.

This month, Andy Wojnarek returns with a talk about IBM Watson
Analytics. Andy describes his talk as follows:

  Using IBM Watson Analytics as an "AI-as-a-Service", we were
  able to take a percentage of the FOSSCON attendees and gather
  data about why they were attending and what they are interested
  in. In this talk, I'll run through the end result of that
  analytics, and run through how to use Watson for free against
  your small datasets. Watson Analytics is a smart data analysis
  and visualization service you can use to quickly discover
  patterns and meaning in your data - all on your own. With
  guided data discovery, automated predictive analytics and
  cognitive capabilities such as natural language dialogue, you can
  interact with data conversationally to get answers you
  understand. Whether you need to quickly spot a trend or you have
  a team that needs to visualize report data in a dashboard, Watson
  Analytics has you covered.

  Note: I don't have any vested interested in Watson
  professionally or any monetarily way. I just think it's a cool
  very underrated free tool.

At 6:30, prior to the main meeting, we'll assemble in CoreDial's game room
for shuffleboard, pool, and conversation

The meeting will take place from 6:30-9pm (6:30-7 games and conversation,
7-8 General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial's office space in Blue
Bell, PA.

CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  751 Arbor Way
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html