Will on 13 Sep 2017 11:34:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Why Can't Programmers.. Program?

I've actually seen wrong solutions from people I had respect for. Also how dare someone make a for loop in python without using the range keyword!!!!

-Will

On Sep 13, 2017 14:23, "Thomas Delrue" <delrue.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
>Since this was intriguing for some I’d like to mention the famous Microsoft
>interview question:
>
>“Why are manhole covers round?”
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_interview#Manhole_cover_question

HR told us (years ago, this is back when I was there - which I am no longer)
to stop asking that question and those types of questions ("how would you move
mount Fuji"[*] or "How many piano tuners are there in city X" and others)...
"Because it opens you/us up to legal liabilities" was one of the reasons given
for not asking that question.

Here's a list of other questions you are not allowed to ask:
- Are you pregnant or plan on getting pregnant "soon"?
- How old are you?
- What is your gender?

Thanks, litigation society, for nothing...

[*] bit by bit, duh!