brent timothy saner on 13 Sep 2017 11:38:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Why Can't Programmers.. Program?

On 09/13/2017 11:09 AM, Gavin W. Burris wrote:
> As soon as I read this, I was immediately compelled to write code. :P
>
> for N in 1 to 100:
>     msg = N
>     modthree = N % 3
>     modfive = N % 5
>     if modthree == 0:
>         if modfive == 0:
>             msg = "FizzBuzz"
>         else:
>             msg = "Fizz"
>     else if modfive == 0:
>         msg = "Buzz"
>     print msg

here's mine; seems y'all forgot you can do multiple condition in one
test in python! (sorry for any mangling; my email client does some funny
things sometimes.)

______________________________
#!/usr/bin/env python3

n = 100

i = 1

while i <= n:
    if (i % 3 == 0) and (i % 5 == 0):
        print('FizzBuzz')
    elif (i % 3 == 0):
        print('Fizz')
    elif (i % 5 == 0):
        print('Buzz')
    else:
        print(i)
    i += 1

but more to the point of TFA itself, i find it *horrifying* that there
are people looking for dev jobs that can't at least do SOME sort of
iteration of this (honestly, things like multiple conds in one test are
debatable- actually getting the right result isn't). i'm not even a
developer, i'm in operations- but this is still terrifying to me.