prushik on 21 Sep 2017 07:34:50 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] OT: iTerm2 Leaks Everything You Hover in Your Terminal via DNS Requests
- From: prushik <email@example.com>
- To: PhiladelphiaLinuxUser'sGroupDiscussionList <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] OT: iTerm2 Leaks Everything You Hover in Your Terminal via DNS Requests
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:33:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:subject:to:message-id:mime-version; bh=5J3biR8FbJglaeJCrBE0hz3EB/ffe2fGvJg2/MMVO68=; b=e6h6MW8fYPkMDjC7nd+KjkCM4g7GZuteaNVoVy9E77wRv3GCfv6WmbGtG6bD3AatgT Y3dhE5Ui5pkuW65SEhEUKpiZfutYOg+TnPB+jlYtGBwOmuXGnc/69H5HmC7DUYecRdsG 3IfP8u0QNgJw+Cj8xWpZ2ux/lZ3ieOMVGn7vkp98mJPOMQXqjZjLdFmMhCaS7Z7qullM cBiXpwIee42v5U/shHnB3tf3dgV1d7WfsYKiglQCqYeXyM0OVPGGWNfm2mCF4w1BLYYz bT5xv2ZWEvh6JLYepJQbNehqVylAiU8U8hMJY0mH4cfHwFmg1JFhO7gS9hytupoJ49rh AYUQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
---- Original message ----(SNIP)
brent timothy saner wrote
> '^(file|(ht|f)ps?|sock)://' (add more as you see fit; the ).
> i mean, there's an RFC for this, y'know.
i was aware, but i didn't read it first. the scheme does seem to be required for a valid url. however, the rfc doesnt specify any valid schemes, so anything with a colon could look like a valid url (// is not required). however, uris without a scheme are very very common, and ignoring that would solve the problem of highlighting literally almost everything, but would leave some things unclickable when they might be expected to be (e.g. phillylinux.org or betteros.org/games/index ).
> calling bullshit on this.
> if you *aren't* taking advantage of a
terminal emulator that linkifies, you're doing it wrong.
to each, his own. maybe there are some special cases where it makes sense. personally, any time i need to click something i feel sad. and if a browser opens when i wasn't expecting it (like any time i am working in a terminal emulator or any program other than a browser), i feel even more sad.
i also resent being told "im doing it wrong".
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug