Anthony Martin on 25 Sep 2017 14:41:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RHEL installation - Installation Source prompt - Error setting up a base repository

If you are installing from ISO you should be able to use that as your installation media (make sure you have the full ISO not just the boot media one). After the install you can run the following command to link it to red hats CDN:
subscription-manager register --username (your rh username) --password (your rh password) --auto-attach

After this I would run history -c to make sure you dont leave your password sitting in a plain text file.

Also yes Red Hats support is awful and at most times useless.

Anthony Martin

Linux System Administrator