Will on 27 Sep 2017 06:38:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Open Source Whole House Audio Streaming Alternatives to Sonos, Chromecast

Shoutcast is the closest I found to work. It was a plugin for winamp and I think its still available. Regardless there are internet radio FOSS solutions. I've covered and entire college campus with my music that way.

The other option is to transmit via FM or 900MHz band. It works so well and the quality is quite good for the 900MHz transmitters. The more analog approach will guarentee there will not be any lag issues either.

-Will