Charlie Li on 30 Oct 2017 06:55:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Which ppd would you use?

On 30/10/2017 09:49, crimson enk wrote:
> At work we’re migrating from CentOS 5 to 7. Our setup documentation
> (from 5) has a lpadmin command. One of the parameters is –m
> laserjet.ppd. Our install of 7 does not include laserjet.ppd.
> /usr/share/cups/model only contains pxlmono.ppd and pxlcolor.ppd.
>
> Both files seem to work, but should I use pxlmono.ppd that came with the
> install, or our laserjet.ppd from 2010?

Assuming your LaserJet is supported [1], have you not had HPLIP (HP
Linux Imaging and Printing) installed all this time? You should be able
to use the PPD from HPLIP instead of anything bundled with CUPS itself.

[1]
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index

--
Charlie Li
Can't think of a witty .sigline today…

replace local-part with vishwin for off-list communication)