Tone Montone on 6 Nov 2017 20:20:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] small business server virtualization?

Greg,

   First, I think KVM supports Windows.  At least it's available in my drop-down menu.  Server-2012, Windows-10, etc.

   Second, could you virtualize the application rather than the operating environment?  i.e.  Could you use Docker to perform the virtualization of the application?  I am not an expert on Docker, but I thought that was why it's found to be useful.  Instead of having many VMs, patching, etc.  you only have to deal with the application and what it needs, so you can have 100 individual httpd docker containers, all with their own IPs, configs, etc.  You can snapshot them, restore, deliver, etc.  Just a though.

Good luck,

Mike