Charlie Li on 6 Jan 2018 04:16:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Bluetooth mouse without USB Dongle

On 06/01/2018 07:02, Joe Rosato wrote:
> The laptop has only two usb ports. Dont want to use up a port with a USB
> dongle. I'm looking at bluetooth mice online, without dongle, but have
> never owned one.

The mice with the dongles usually don't use bluetooth, but rather an RF
protocol specific to the mouse and dongle. Most actual bluetooth mice
may not ship with a bluetooth dongle as it is assumed your machine will
have its own bluetooth card. Make sure yours has such a card if you
don't want to unnecessarily occupy a USB port.

The setup process in Linux should be similar to any other bluetooth
device, at least when configuring under bluetoothctl.

Alternatively, you could get yourself a passive USB hub, which has the
benefit of providing more usable USB ports.

--
Charlie "hypercall" Li

replace local-part with vishwin for off-list communication)