Keith C. Perry on 8 Jan 2018 11:51:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Android development under Linux ?

Not that I am at all an android dev but I do have dev tool chains.  I used to use Eclipse et al but since Android Studio has been out, I've used that instead more to play around with android app layouts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Floyd Johnson" <fljohnson3@isp.com>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2018 2:41:06 PM
Subject: [PLUG] [OT] Android development under Linux ?

Which tools/languages do you recommend for developing apps that will
ultimately have an Android version?

Currently, I'm doing it in Java, doing desktop proofs-of-concept with
the Eclipse IDE. Once I'm ready to put an Android app together, I haul
the relevant files into Android Studio, using my cellular as a testbed.

I can't shake the feeling that somebody out there either winced or
muttered, "Ewwwww..." upon reading that.