Rich Freeman on 5 Feb 2018 10:25:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Topic for North

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:

> Why is no console access acceptable on EC2 ?    I guess they are assuming
> that a failed VM should just
> be thrown away and re-created.   So  if it is a snowflake  VM,  your out of
> luck.

From a production standpoint that somewhat makes-sense, but having a
console would make troubleshooting/development a LOT easier.
Obviously you'd want to roll what you learn into your deployment
scripts, but it is a lot easier to have a console and take notes than
to stab in the dark without one.

--
Rich