Rich Freeman on 5 Feb 2018 12:14:20 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Topic for North

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:33 PM, Andy Wojnarek
<andy.wojnarek@theatsgroup.com> wrote:

> To fix your issue, I would create a snapshot of the EBS volume that’s not
> booting, create a volume from that snapshot, and mount it as a second disk
> on another instance (free tier) – and fix it from that other instance. Once
> fixed, reattach it to the instance that’s not booting so it boots.

Sure, but this only migrates the data - not the processes/etc.  If
you're tweaking config files it would be nice to be able to step
through everything as you fix them.

When you have an image that just-works and you're tweaking it the lack
of console usually isn't a big thing.  If you're setting up a new
image from scratch it can be a bit of a pain when it doesn't boot.

--
Rich