brent timothy saner on 10 Feb 2018 19:02:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] plug Digest, Vol 159, Issue 16

On 02/10/2018 09:52 PM, Devin Custodio wrote:
> Has anyone thought about storing the data on the etherium block chain,
> protected by a smart contract that meets the OPs needs?

not sure if this is sincere or not, but i'll treat it as it is.

it does not solve the problems that none of the other solutions can
solve, which are:

- how do you prevent duplication of that data, either via a direct byte
copy out somewhere or via some sort of screen capture

- how do you have this data deleted after having been recalled in a way
that cannot be thwarted

plus i'd be pretty hesitant about my tax records on the blockchain.
especially given ETH's track record, specifically.