Christine M. Pukropski on 22 Feb 2018 10:42:28 -0800

[PLUG] Intro Linux Class Next Month -- Please share!

Hello all,

Next month a friend and I are teaching an "Intro to Linux Class" at the Hive76. PLUG members are not really the target audience for the class--however--I figured this would be a good base to reach out to incase there are some friends or family in your life whom you have been wanting to show the advantages of Linux and whom may have been discouraged because of thier perception of it (ie. using it as a normal work/personal computer and not just hosting websites/hacking) or from experience with previous attempts in the past.

We will go through a lecture bit about using the commandline, folder structure and all that jazz and then go through an excersise of using a Debian/XFCE VM (that will be preconfigured). The class will be small so there will be room for lots of Q&A and making sure each student can make it through the excersise. It should be a good starting point for anyone whom is interested in learning linux!

Here is the link to purchase tickets: https://hive76.ticketleap.com/hive76linux/dates/Mar-18-2018_at_0100PM

Please reach out if you have any questions about it, thanks!

All my best,
Christine

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.