jeff on 24 Feb 2018 19:12:28 -0800

[PLUG] HP prn - epilog

Bought the HP LJ M130nw for $99 online at the place with the yellow sign.

Wireless network setup will cause stomach and nerve issues, as well as possible loss of sleep. See your doctor if you can't sleep for more than a week.

USB actually connects, which is a downright boon for a printer.
It was recognized(!), installed, and the test page refused to leave the queue. CUPS issues and others. Duckduckgo-ing the errors suggested reinstalling HPLIP. So I did, recognizing the printer, installing, and printing out the test page. Halleleujah.

Pushing my luck, I tried scanning. The little box said it needed some additional software and would I like it to be installed. Yes. Xsane scanned, as did GIMP.

The printer is a mono laser AIO. Printing is quick and nice, as is scanning. I think it's rated 22/m printing. Since I print every two months or so, inkjets were out. There is a fax issue, in that this model doesn't have a fax and I didn't read carefully enough.

If you need a laser AIO, you can't beat this for $99.
The only difference between this and the more expensive ones is page count per cycle.