LeRoy Cressy on 7 Mar 2018 04:51:36 -0800

[PLUG] Morphing & Graphics

Hi all,
This morning I saw this article in the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/technology/fake-videos-deepfakes.html
Now the article talks about an open source tool called FakeApp.
https://www.fakeapp.org/
Now as long as the NSA, FBI, CIA, and Hollywood were the only ones who could effectively use image morphing technology the law makers were not concerned with this technology.  Just like the law makers were highly concerned when strong encryption and cryptography came into the hands of the masses.

My opinion is that a tool can be used either for good or evil depending on the user.  The government wants to make tools illegal when they feel threatened by the tool.  Whenever a video or photo is shown in court, the opposing attorney should question the authenticity of the image or video.

Prosecutors have a reputation of lying and presenting false evidence.  It seems that the MSN is not too concerned with the government using these tools, but they are concerned when average citizens can use the same tool.

As Americans, every article of the Constitution is vital and important.  The government has been treading on the constitution for years they want to take away our rights, by taking away our ability to use the same tools that they use.

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
 mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com    /\_/\
 mailto:rev.cressy@gmail.com         ( o.o )
                                      > ^ <
 Please See My posts on facebook, googleplus, twitter, gab.ai

gpg fingerprint:  8AD5 35EF 1FDF F1A7 E483  8CCE A50D 4E81 C34B 77CC

For info on gpg: https://gnupg.org/
For secure Cell Phone: https://whispersystems.org/

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.