Walt Mankowski on 13 Mar 2018 17:24:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ready Player One: A Novel (and about to be a movie)

I really hated it too. It was nostalgia about things I'm not
particularly nostalgic about. And if the nostalgia didn't do it for
you, there's not much else in the book to enjoy. The writing's poor,
the main character is one-dimensional, the minor characters are less
than one-dimensional, and much of the plot is advanced via numerous
lengthy infodumps. Cline couldn't even get the meter right for a
limerick.

I was actually hoping the movie might be better because of Spielberg's
influence, but the early reviews I've read don't make me optimistic.

Walt