Greg Helledy on 16 Mar 2018 10:57:58 -0700

[PLUG] anyone know where to get search engine data/counts?

As part of an effort to improve an economic model, we'd like to get data (tabulated numbers of searches entered at the Google, Bing or Yahoo pages) for specific terms related to air travel. The thing is that they need to be pretty granular as far as geographic location--at least as good as zip code, ideally better. This seems to exclude the free tools Google makes available.

I have been searching the internet for days, trying to find a contact at one of the big 3 search engines, and have fired off several emails and had a phone conversation, but am getting nowhere. So I am turning to this group in the hope that someone has a contact. I know this stuff has to be available--the research for books like "Everybody Lies" wouldn't be possible without it.

I apologize that this is off-topic--if anyone has anything for me, probably best to reply directly instead of further cluttering the list.
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated