Thomas Delrue on 4 Apr 2018 03:53:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: [FD] Massive Breach in Panera Bread

On 04/03/2018 08:28 PM, Keith C. Perry wrote:
> Sometimes I think there's an accountant in a back room coming up with
> risk models that say its cheaper to deal with the public disclosure
> fallout instead of doing the what consumers would say is the "right"
> thing.

I don't /sometimes/ think that; I know that this is the case. If you
look at the response by the 'victim', every time you see the problem
being dealt with as a PR problem, you know this is exactly the case. It
is dealt with as "it's not a big deal -it's not OUR data anyway- and
this too shall pass because people will forget"