Kohr, Alexander on 23 Jul 2018 14:22:52 -0700

[PLUG] Local Junior Linux admin position, at a company that seems pretty good.

FYI.

My company has been a customer of the following company for almost 3 years, and they seem like a good group of people to work with and seem to be expanding their customer base in a sustainable manner, so I thought I would pass this along to the PLUG group.

Data Science in Technology (DST,) that manages our High performance Cluster has signed a contract with a new client in  the Collegeville PA zip code  to management a compute cluster. They are looking  to hire a Full time Junior Linux admin (paying in the $55k-$77k range),  with 2-3 years’ experience, to work full time on the clients premises maintaining a non-remotely accessible compute cluster.  They are looking for general Unix/Linux admin and not requiring any experience managing a computer cluster management, you can learn that on the job/at training.  When they were seeing if I knew anyone specific they were asking about linux admins and never even mentioned a windows component to the job so it’s a much more minor component to the job.

If you do apply let me know via a private email (not always the best at looking at my plug folder.) I will give them a heads up that you are a member of the Plug group to make sure your resume gets eyes in case you somehow are weeded out by automated job matching algorithms.

Actual Job posting is at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Data-in-Science-Technologies/jobs/Junior-Unix-5e593c43640406e0?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvaC-pmKkMO6gs4gREY8fpOHL9E7c8Cf-i5axbP0frus8bUtUwgdRHXK6h8N49Qt2mA&tk=1cisivio1a2gtfev&vjs=3

­­­­­­­­­­­

Alexander Kohr

Unix Systems Administrator

Fox Chase Cancer Center

Temple University Health System

2450 W. Hunting Park Ave

Philadelphia PA 19129

Alexander.Kohr@fccc.edu

267-666-8341 (Corporate Cell)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them. If you are the intended recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to all applicable state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of such information.