Michael Leone on 1 Aug 2018 07:30:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - battery replacement for an Android phone

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com> wrote:

> Mot all batteries are bricks. I picked up one at Best Buy for a few
> bucks. It's only 2000 mAh, but that's plenty to charge up my iPhone a
> few times. And it only weighs a few ounces, so it's easy to toss in a
> bag and forget about it.

Battery replacement for an S7 Edge is $50 at the Best Buy in Deptford
(at the Samsung Repair Center); I checked online. I can live with
that, for a new battery and the labor to swap it out; it's the getting
there and back on public transit that is time consuming (but not too
onerous, I think).

Also, iPhones are much better at battery life than Android, in my
experience. Using my iPad as an example, I would describe it as
*vastly better*. I can leave that thing unplugged for 14 hours
(without using it), it's still at 100%. And yes, it is getting email
and notifications, the cover is just closed.