Rich Freeman on 1 Aug 2018 09:05:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - battery replacement for an Android phone

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:49 AM JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

> On 08/01/2018 07:53 AM, jeff wrote:
> > I found all my battery life woes went out the door when I stopped going
> > out the door. Voluntary agoraphobia lowered my data charges to wireless
> > only and I can keep the phone charging whenever I want.
>
> Yeah, that's my plan too.  Works for me...  (And you kids, get off my lawn!)

Of late I feel like I've also been working on getting over my agrophobiaphobia.

I used to feel a compulsion to go on drives just to get out of the
house.  I'm starting to appreciate that the outdoors doesn't offer
much that isn't available at home, and staying home costs less.

Alas, I still have to go into work from time to time.  I tend to use a
power brick when I'm immobile or charge in the car.  The only cell
phone battery I replaced was on my Nexus 6p, but that had a really
lousy battery.  It is one of the things that makes me not want to
spend money on a Pixel.  Android phones vary, but Google is clearly
willing to stamp their brand on anything, or at least they have been
at points in time...

--
Rich