Keith C. Perry on 28 Aug 2018 11:14:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux tip: Log IP addresses, not hostnames, for use by fail2ban...

"AWS has been a chronic, systemic source of brute-force attacks (against
ssh, for example) and abuse for years.  AWS refuses to accept complaints
via RFC 2142-mandated role addresses, preferring instead to force victims
of its incompetence and negligence to jump through hoops and fill out a form
that doesn't actually facilitate accurately reporting the complaint.  And
when that's done, they ignore the complaints.  (This is now so well known
that nobody with any clue even bothers filing them any more.)"

YES... this need to go on a billboard or at least be shouted from on high.

I gave up on this before the obsession with cloud and even though I take a different approach, I fully support network and security professionals that refuse to give in and allow traffic from problem networks, even if that problem network is the "popular" kid.

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167