Rich Freeman on 18 Sep 2018 07:14:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] plymouthd

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM Eric H. Johnson <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:

> I will look at that the next time I am over there. I think I tried escape, but did not do anything.

I'd definitely try disabling the splash screen entirely.

That said, I just realized it is completing boot.  I'm not sure why it
is still around.  Again, I am not much of an Ubuntu user so I've never
really had to debug plymouth.

Logs are obviously also going to be potentially useful.  That and the
ring buffer (dmesg).  If plymouth is running as a service then you
should be able to get its logs with journalctl -u plymouth (or
whatever the service is called).

--
Rich