Ashley Turner on 9 Oct 2018 07:39:27 -0700

[PLUG] Philly Tech Sistas call for volunteer leadership roles

Hello,

My name is Ashley Turner and I have a Meetup group called Philly Tech Sistas. PTS is a grassroots organization aimed at helping women of color gain technical and professional skills in order to work in the tech industry. We do this by providing intro to programming workshops, and networking opportunities.

I've met with Keith Perry, Charlie Li, George Zipperlen, and Ron Guilmet to brainstorm workshop ideas and they advised that I reach out to this community for support.

I'm reaching out to you all today because I am seeking to put together a leadership team of volunteers that are passionate about making a difference in Philly’s tech community. The leadership roles include program director, curriculum director, and marketing director. More roles and details are listed on the Google Doc below.

Philly Tech Sistas Leadership Roles

Take a look at our website to learn more about how you can get involved. We are also looking for sponsors to lend space, resources, and host tech talks, and collaborate on panel discussions.

https://www.phillytechsistas.org/

Please reach back out me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Ashley