Rich Freeman on 6 Oct 2018 16:46:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] android - it's all over but the paying

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 7:28 PM Keith Perry <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> The little lanyard is nice because when I need to use micro USB (which is
> still most of my devices), I can attach the adapter to the wire so that it
> doesn't get lost.  Going with the adapters is cheaper and allows you to still
> have access to both USB types.

I think the particular adapter you used is more likely to support USB
power transfer, but a lot of type A-C adapters will not, and phones
will be limited to 2A charging.  Just something to watch out for if
looking for adapters.

I've found the most reliable way to get high speed charging is to
ensure the charger has a USB-C port directly on it, and the cable is
just a C-to-C cable, with no type A anywhere in the path.

That is for devices that follow the standards.  For a OP6 you're up
the creek unless you use both their charger AND cable.  However, it
has been discovered that an A-to-A USB3 extension cable will extend
their cables.  Like I said - I wish everybody just stuck with the
standards.

--
Rich