jvoris on 31 Oct 2018 06:34:58 -0700

[PLUG] Agile Methods for SysAdmins?

I love hearing this discussion on Scrum vs. Kanban, but I have a vested
interest in it - being the Leader of AgilePhilly.com - where we talk
about this all the time.

Where I fall on this is to encourage you to move to Kanban and only keep
the parts of Scrum that are helpful.  A Retrospective meeting of the
minds every two weeks seems like a productive review.

If I can say any one thing to encourage you to think about a Kanban Board
( or Information Radiator as we often call them ) . . . . Kanban is
going to be a better fit for your Customer Service or Sys-Admin work . .
 because you and your team are constantly re-evaluating the Backlog of
TODO items as priorities change.  Scrum wants to set the list of tasks
for a defined period and work through that list.  That kind of timeboxed
static workflow does not work for Maintenance Depts or Customer Service
or SysAdmins.

P.S. I should mention that Agile Philly has a Mentoring program where we
pair an experienced Agile Coach to bounce ideas off while you transition
and try new things.  Usually this is just a phone call every two weeks
between the two people - but can help you confirm your impressions as
you move forward.

http://www.agilephilly.com/page/amp-up-your-skills ( AgilePhilly
Mentoring Program )

- John Voris, Lead Coordinator, www.AgilePhilly.com