Keith C. Perry on 31 Oct 2018 08:30:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] IBM just purchased RedHat

That would be my assessment too Joe.  Looking at 5 year chart of IBM... they are definitely a value play.  Dividend payouts have risen from $0.95 to mostly recently $1.57 but after the massive hit they took in October 2014 they have been stuck in a range.  If I was an equity trader, shorting them October 1st of this year would have been brilliant (they also missing earnings by a penny).

Red Hat is still trading under the the IBM offer price even with the moonshot they got after the announcement.

Nothing to see here.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Andy Wojnarek" <andy.wojnarek@theatsgroup.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:52:11 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] IBM just purchased RedHat

They’ve made a few other strategic purchases in the past few years:

* Softlayer [Cloud Provider] -> Rebranded as Bluemix/IBM Cloud ~ 2B

* Cleversafe [Object Storage] -> Rebranded as Cloud Object Storage (COS) ~ 1.3B

Both of these purchases were also a big deal as well. Softlayer wasn’t as popular as AWS/Microsoft/GCP – not even in the same arena – but they were a much bigger deal than a simple COLO.

Cleversafe was actually really good software; top rated in the industry.

If you look at IBM’s latest quarterly earnings – their cloud business is actually growing.

I’ll agree Watson is a train wreck .

--

Andy