JP Vossen on 4 Dec 2018 10:43:46 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Open Source Alternative to OnApp

On 12/4/18 11:23 AM, John Von Essen wrote:
Cool, so ProxMox does support SDS, then? I was going through their online FAQs and Docs and couldnt quite determine that.

There's some reading between the lines, but:
* https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Hyper-converged_Infrastructure
* https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage
* See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-converged_infrastructure

Others I found:
1. Cloudstack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_CloudStack
	1. Yuck, JAVA!
	2. HCI does NOT jump out at me
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OVirt
	1. Yuck, JAVA!
	2. And too limited
3. Does HCI though: https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/gluster-hyperconverged/Gluster_Hyperconverged_Guide/
3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNebula
	1. Some Java
	2. HCI as an add-on: https://opennebula.org/ecosystem/nodeweaver/
4. Like AWS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_(software)
	1. Java

Does Apache CloudStack offer SDS?

I was looking for "HCI" and that does NOT jump out at me.