Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 15 Jan 2019 05:26:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] 3 MOnitor Video Hardware

There's a lot of outdated info here. Three (or more) DP outputs is actually the default in current mid-range and high end consumer/gamer GPUs. It went this way with the late editions of the GTX 960/970 and is spreading down the lineups as DP monitors become more common. This is because DP ports are actually cheaper than HDMI/DVI for modern GPUs. That said, even in the Pro lineups, you’ll need to be careful to check specs, as a DP doesn’t intrinsically mean 4K support.

Also, unless you need multiple monitors being treated as a single physical display, or you are planning to mix different GPU vendors, multi-card multi-monitor solutions are perfectly valid and generally not any harder to configure/use than a single-card multi-monitor setup.