Michael Lazin on 16 Jan 2019 10:17:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] time to reinstall

don't reinstall yet.  Run "lsof -i"

find the pid of the process that makes the connection to ovh

check the proc filesystem for the corresponding pid, you'll find within the directory for the pid the name of the binary or script that makes the connection

note the date stamp

grep all of your logs for these date stamps

If you find more malware just keep grepping backward by date stamp until you find the original source of intrusion

you might want to scan for shells, you can try chkroot, rkhunter, and clamav

Michael