Rich Kulawiec on 29 Jan 2019 06:10:29 -0800

Re: [PLUG] I know this is a couple of days old, but have people seen there are multiple systemd vulnerabilities?

This is not surprising.  There have already been a lot of reported
vulnerabilities already and there will more.  (Of course "reported"
is only a subset of those that are known to at least one person and that
in turn is only a subset of those that exist.)

The problem is not the code.  The problem is the architecture, and the
only way to truly fix that is to undo the massive blunder of creating it
in the first place.  Sadly, I doubt this will happen.

(One of the hardest lessons to learn in software engineering is that you
must always be prepared -- after having invested heavily in so many ways
in writing something -- to throw it away.  It's not hard to do.  It's
hard to decide to do because it requires admitting to yourself that
you screwed up before you wrote the first line of code.)

---rsk