Michael Lazin on 29 Jan 2019 09:54:40 -0800

[PLUG] raw GET requests

I had to troubleshoot problems with an externally hosted website so I could provide the host with salient information.  I was able to successfully run the "host" command and test the ports with netcat and they responded, and I used this article to put together a perl script to make a raw GET request to hopefully have it spit out an error:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/134858/whats-the-simplest-way-to-make-a-http-get-request-in-perl

I think the site is just hanging because wget, lynx-dump and my script hangs, but I was wondering how to make a raw GET request in bash?  what is the syntax?

Thanks,

Michael Lazin

--
Michael Lazin